Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Egg Noodle Recipes

Stroganoff

I like this version. It is simple and the beef flavor was mild enough for me to really enjoy every bite. I have beef issues. :O)

1 lb. "cubed" steak cut into bite size chunks
1 onion
1 1/2 cup water
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can mushrooms drained

Brown steak with onion. Add 1 1/2 cup water cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Then add cream of mushroom soup, can of water, mushrooms, and sour cream. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve on egg noodles. I like to use the no yolk noddles, healthier.

Cheesy Sour Cream Egg Noddles

2 cups sour cream
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1 TB butter
1/2 to 1 tsp chicken bullion

Cook your noodles and drain them. Keeping then very hot return them to their pan and add in all the other ingredients. Stir well and serve right away. So easy and still very yummy.

Cream Cheese Egg Noddles

I have never made this. I just made it up as I wrote this. If you try it let me know if it is any good. :O)

1/2 onion chopped in fine pieces
2 TB butter
1 package cream cheese 1/3 less fat would be smart
1/2 cup hot water from the noddle pot
2 tsp chicken bullion - total guess :)
1/2 cup Parmesan
dash of red pepper flakes
dash of garlic powder

While cooking the noddles saute the onion in butter. Cook the noodles and drain them reserving 1/2 of the hot water. Add all the other ingredients to the onions and cook until the cheeses are melted and flavors are blended. Pour the sauce over noddles and enjoy.



No comments: