Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Hello people who look at this blog! I am sorry I have died to the world of food, but no worries I am slowly making a recovery. :O) This recipe makes it in my blog because it is the only new thing I have tried lately and because I really liked it.

This is why I think it is a winner:
-my kids get veggies in a kid friendly way
- had a slight creamy taste
- it's a whole meal in one dish
- was different then your average chicken noodle
- easy, most time spent is with chopping

My notes on this recipe: I used way less herbs. I did dashes, not tsp. I didn't add the salt. It is thick, Stewart asked if we needed forks when he set the table. :O) I used cream of mushroom too because I only had one can of cream of chicken - you wouldn't even know it tasted great. I used less chicken, less money if I didn't add it and my kids wont eat it. I think I might add more water if I added it all. Please know that when you cook you do what you would like. In my book recipes are only spring boards from which you can explore and customize to your taste.

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
8 cups Water
2 T. Chicken Bouillon
2 can cream of chicken soup
1 sm. Onion, chopped fine
1 1/2 cups Carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cup Peas, frozen
3 cup Chicken, cooked and shopped into small pieces
one large stalk celery chopped
1/2 tsp Thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Parsley flakes
1/4 Basil
1/8 tsp Oregano
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Egg noodles, any type - I like no yolks, healthier

Mix water, bouillon and cream of chicken soup together in large soup pot. Then add everything else. Cook until noodles are done and then remove from heat and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes to thicken and cool. EAT!!! I put rolls in the oven while it thickened. Timing was perfect.


No comments: