Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mexican Cassarole

This is a Mormon type dish that is super easy and as yummy as it is fattening. I like to think of this as the Mexican equivalent of funeral potatoes.

1 can cream chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 can green chilies
1/2 medium or 1 small onion finely chopped
2 cups chicken cooked and cut or shredded into small pieces
12 CORN tortillas cut into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese

In a 9x13 pan mix together the first five ingredients. Then add the chicken, tortillas, and salt and pepper to taste. Top with the cheese. Cover and refrigerate over night. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

1 comment:

the Hurleys said...

This turned out horrible because I think I interpreted the recipe wrong. We hated it even on a fast Sunday! I just layered the tortillas and cheese on top instead of mixing it all together, I guess? Anyway, if I made it again I would saute the onions before adding as well, because they were too strong in a yucky way.