Thursday, November 20, 2008

Easy Meatball Subs

I made this one up today and we really enjoyed it. I am trying to increase my collection of easy meals to make post baby. I hope some of you try this and like it as much us. Seriously so good and about as easy as any meal can be.

1 pound frozen Italian Style Meatballs
1 or 1/2 finely diced bell pepper
1 jar marinara sauce (I really like Ragu's "Traditional" sauce)
fresh baked rolls or sub length bread
Shredded Cheddar Cheeses (or whatever you prefer)

Add meatballs, sauce, and bell pepper to a large pot. Cook on low heat letting it simmer for an hour or until meatballs are warmed through and flavors totally melded- putting a lid on will save you some serious stove top clean up. You can also cook it in a crock pot - cook on low until ready to eat at least two hours I would guess. Spoon meatballs and sauce on bread and top with cheese and then bite into a little bit of heaven! So easy and so yummy!!!

No comments: