Monday, January 12, 2015

Tres Leches Cake


The idea of tres leches was always better to me then the reality. But once upon a time I did eat a tres leche that was worth eating. Recently I was throwing a fiesta and I wanted to make that once upon a time really actually good tres leche cake. I got the recipe from the wonderful baker and what do you know its my favorite because its gringo style lol. This is yummy! Enjoy! 


1 yellow cake mix
1/3 c. oil
3 eggs

2/3 cup water
1 tsp rum extract

Bake cake according to box baking directions - but as a general rule mix and pour into
greased 9X13 pan, bake at 350 degrees for 33-38 min, etc.


1 c. heavy cream
1 c. milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. rum extract, diluted with water to equal 1/3 c.


Mix together. When cake has cooled 5 min., pierce cake with
fork and pour milk mixture over entire cake very slowly. Refrigerate 3 hours.


1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. rum extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla

powdered sugar to taste

Beat until stiff. Spread over cake. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.







No comments: