Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hawaiian Butter Mochi Cake

So I have been really bored in my life lately...I am one of those that has to be doing something challenging or I get restless...I have to be working hard or I get depressed. So in an effort to feel more fulfilled I have started Culture Nights at our house. Once a month we eat, learn, listen to music, dance, and look at maps and stuff of a different culture. To kick it off I am doing Hawaiian culture first...it is summer after all! This is a classic cake from Hawaii that I happened to have all the ingredients in my cupboard for. A+ for ease! 
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups sweet rice flour (Mochiko) - I buy this on Amazon
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
5 eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cans evaporated milk
1 can coconut milk
1 stick butter (melted)
Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13″ pan. Whisk together the sweet rice flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract together until smooth. Add the evaporated milk, coconut milk, and butter and beat on low until combined.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, beating on low the whole time, until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Use a plastic knife to cut into small pieces.

No comments: