Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Spicy Peanut Soup

I am trying a bunch of soup recipes because I am sort in love with this cook book of mine that is all soup recipes. This one is great for those of you who enjoy a good curry or like Thai food. It isn't Thai and it isn't a curry but it is creamy yet spicy and totally DELICIOUS!!! I mean it. This soup is really good. Stewart had like five bowls. If you gear up to try it I hope you like it half as much as we do. I made some changes and I am just writing it as I did it. * Mine didn't look like that. It was thinner and the colors of the vegetables were really vibrant.

2 TB oil
1 large onion, minced
2 garlic gloves, crushed
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper *it called for 1 teaspoon I used probably 2/3 teaspoon
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
1 1/2 finely chopped potatoes
2-3 celery stalks sliced
3 3/4 cups chicken stock
6-7 TB crunchy peanut butter *would be totally fine with creamy too
2/3 cup whole corn kernels
salt and pepper to taste

1.) Heat oil in large pan. Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add cayenne pepper and garlic and cook for another minute.

2.) Add the red pepper, carrot, potatoes, and celery. Stir well and cook for 4 minutes longer. stirring occasionally.

3.) Add corn, chicken stock, and peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly combined.

4.) Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: