Friday, January 1, 2010

Best EVER Sugar Cookies

I did not like sugar cookies. They were sort of fun to decorate and no fun to eat. blah. In my book they were a total waste of sugar and flour. I did however make them for the kids because they loved them and really loved decorating them.However it was a chore for me. BUT THEN I tasted my girl friend's sugar cookies and I FELL in L-O-V-E. These are the best sugar cookies in the world. Seriously, I cant stop eating them. Here is the go-to recipe if you want yummy sugar cookies. Please try next time you want to make sugar cookies. YUM!

* if you are a sugar cookie artisan and you want them prettier then they taste this is not the recipe for you. Otherwise these are THE ONES!


Sugar Cookies


1 cup Butter

2 cups Sugar

1 tbsp Vanilla


Cream together in a very large bowl.

Then add:

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp Salt

5 – 5 ½ flour - added a little at a time.


When mostly mixed add in


1 cup Sour Cream


mix well. If you are doing shapes wrap entire dough in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out and cut out shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. If you want rounds roll dough into logs and then wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate one hour and then cut dough into slices and bake for Bake 8-10minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments: