Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Apparently, "The peanut butter, honey and relatively low amount of flour really gives the finished product a tender, creamy texture." I liked them but I think I might just like peanut butter blossoms even more. But everyone I gave them to really liked them. I don't know I think I am just not that into PB these days. But if you are I think you will love these.

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1 cup smooth peanut butter

1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

8 tbs unsalted butter (room temperature)

2 tbs honey

1 large egg

2 tsp pure vanilla extract

6 oz semisweet or milk chocolate (chopped into large chunks)...I used chips instead, lazy me.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 large heavy duty baking sheets with aluminum foil.

Mix the flour, baking soda and the salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, honey egg and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture in two additions. Stir in the shoppes chocolate.

Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 12 minutes (shorter time if using a convection oven), or until the cookies puff and begin to brown on top but are still soft to the touch.

Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack.

* from Ceramic Canvas...the pic is too. Mine looked a lot different. I wonder why. hmmmm.


No comments: