Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies...the family's favorite recipe!

Everyone on this ladies blog said they were their families favorite cookie too so I tried them. I was not impressed. They were not the texture I wanted and the flavor was so bland. I think you lose something in the flavor when you don't go all the way with the butter. But I LOVE this ladies blog anyways.

2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter (or you can use margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 bag chocolate chips

Cream butter, shortening, and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add soda, salt, and flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

* I stole this off of the Real Mom Kitchen Blog

No comments: