Thursday, January 17, 2008

Salads I Cant Stop Eating

Oriental Chicken Salad

I served this with some fried rice and it was a hit. I added a little chicken bullion because my canned chicken wasn't very salty. I used a full bag of coleslaw mix that was larger then the recipe called for so I made a little extra sauce. It is super easy to make, healthy and yummy.

¼ cup veg oil

3 TB sugar

2 TB seasoned rice vinegar

1 TB soy sauce

¼ pound Chinese pea pod, strings removed (1 cup), cut diagonally in half

3 cups coleslaw mix

1 can (10 ounces) chunk light chicken, drained

½ cup sliced almonds, toasted

Mix oil, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve immediately.


Salad De Masion

This Recipe is from Stewart's Aunt Sherri Larsen. I have had this at her home twice and loved it. Over our Christmas trip I was able to get it from her. It is to die for!!! Usually I shy away from salads with bacon but this one won me over. It sure isn't healthy but when you want to wow people who wont realize how much mayo it calls for then I say just go for it!!!

Salad:
2 bags of Romain Lettuce raised and torn into bite size pieces
1 lbs. Bacon fried and cut up - I hate frying bacon so I bought ready to use stuff. The flavor
isn't quite as good but saving myself the time and mess was well worth it for me
grape/cherry tomatoes
1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly shredded - I used the high quality pre-shredded stuff
1 cup Swiss cheese - I found some pre-shredded stuff who knew they had that?!?!?!
croûtons

Dressing:
4 sliced green onions
2 cups mayo - please don't use miracle whip!!!
Juice of 1 large Lemon
Mrs. Dash lemon pepper to taste
I think I added a little slat and pepper too

Prepare the salad dressing and then ensemble the salad. Add as much dressing as you like and mix well. I like to give it a little time mixed together before serving so the croûtons can soften a little bit.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

These sounds delicious! Thank you! Remind me to tell you sometime how I bake bacon now....it is so much easier and less of a clean up!