Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bread Pudding!

I found this on AllRecipes.com the commenters gave a lot of good suggests: use half white chips, use half and half instead of milk, use less sugar, add raisins, use raisin bread and cinnamon chips, use really nice french bread,...all sorts of things. So follow your heart if you don't like butterscotch then use something else. I used this recipes because I had a bunch of old bread to use up and Stew told me he did not like bread pudding. I thought this one could win him over. I am not sure if it did. Next time I think I will use thicker bread, add a few dashes of cinnamon, and let it sit for an hour before serving. I melted the leftover butterscotch chips and drizzled it on top. I think it could be a good breakfast for Christmas morning or something.

*I love the thigh comment. I think after making this one a few times we'll know exactly what she means by a "well endowed thigh".


Ingredients:

1 (10.75 ounce) loaf day-old bread, torn into

small pieces

4 cups milk

2 cups brown sugar

1/2 cup butter, melted

3 eggs, beaten

2 tsp. Vanilla extract

1 cup butterscotch chips


Directions:

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.

2.) In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal. pour into prepared pan.

3.)Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a "thigh wiggle" or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.) Serve warm or cold.

No comments: