Monday, October 12, 2009

Snicker's Pie

Ok here is the original pie recipe and I think next time I will tweak it. I think I would do softened vanilla ice cream as a replacement for half of the the whipped cream and omit the cream cheese. I guess I would buy a half gallon and mix in as I went to see what made a good amount. I think a double churned type of ice cream that is airy and soft would work best. Then I think I would like whipped cream on top of the ice cream heaped high with toppings. I think that wold take this good pie and turn it into a true taste bud celebration. Stew told me his mom's favorite candy bar is snicker's so I will have to make this for her one of these days. ;O)

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
3 regular-sized Snickers candy bars, chopped
16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (or about 8 cups of stiffly whipped, sweetened cream)
Two prepared graham cracker pie crusts or chocolate cookie pie crusts
chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, chopped snickers and chopped peanuts for garnish

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese sugar and peanut butter until creamy.

2. Stir in chopped candy bars.

3. Gently fold in the whipped cream just until mixed.

4. Divide between the two crusts. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup on top and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and additional chopped snickers. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Yield: 2 pies

No comments: