Monday, September 21, 2009

Hershery's Mint Dessert

I saw this on a bag of Hershey's chips and it made me think of my sister-in-law Kirsten who loves mint and chocolate combos and thought I would try this recipe to see if it was worthy to pass on to her. It is. Stew and I really liked it. My kids weren't big fans...they are not mint lovers even though the mint in these is not over powering. I think it won me over with all the creamy accents the butter added. Some chocolate and mint treats are so harsh with super dark chocolate and really intense mint but these were creamy, refreshing, and super satisfying. I think these would be great to bring to a Christmas party because they are pretty, yummy, can feed a lot of people with one pan, and do well being cooked ahead of time. I hope you enjoy!

* they actually taste better a day in the fridge. We loved it served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...tasted like the best mint chip ice cream you've ever had.

Brownie Base:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup Hershey Syrup

Mix all together and bake in a 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes. set aside.

Mint Cream Center:
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
2 TB green creme de menthe (or 1 TB water plus 1/2 - 3/4 tsp mint extract and 4 drops green food coloring)

Mix together with a mixer until smooth and spread over completely cooled brownie base

Chocolate Glaze:
6 TB butter
1 cup Hershey semi sweet chocolate chips

melt butter and chocolate in a small pan over very low heat. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Let it cool slightly and then pour on top of the mint layer. Cover dessert and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

No comments: