Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Elegant Eggnog Dessert

My mother knows I like to bake and make treats for people just as much as she does so she sent this one to me to try and to let her know how it turned out. I am saving this treasure to try next holiday season and it will be tried! To me it sounds like a glorious heart attack I am very much looking forward to having.I love it and I haven't even tried it yet. She found it here.


Ingredients:

1 can (13-1/2 ounces) Pirouette cookies

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup butter, melted

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened

2 cups cold eggnog

2 cups cold milk

2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix

1/2 teaspoon rum extract

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:

Cut each cookie into 2 2-1/2-in. sections; set aside. Crush remaining 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, milk, pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg until smooth. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved cookies around dessert and press gently into sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

* Note: This recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog. Reduced-fat eggnog is not recommended.



No comments: