Monday, February 1, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

I found a great recipe and then made it my own...I LOVE these. The best I have ever had. Someday make this and you will be so happy you did. YUMMY!

Ingredients:

1 medium onion cut in half and sliced and separated

3 garlic cloves minced

3 Tbs. Butter

Water to cover roast

2-3 TBs beef bullion

1 ½ tsp oregano

½ tsp pepper

3 lbs. beef tender roast

Long Whole wheat rolls

Smoked sliced Provolone or sharp cheddar


Directions:

In a slow cooker melt butter while on high as you chop ingredients. Then add onion, garlic, herbs, bullion and stir and let cook slightly. Then add the roast and water to mostly cover roast. Let cook all day until the meat is shred-able. Turn the roast throughout the day and the last 1 or so let it cook with the lid off to let the juices reduce a bit. When done remove roast and shred. Taste broth and adjust flavor. Then heat rolls in the oven a little bit. Slice in half and place the cheese inside put the meat back in crock pot. Right before serving drain some juice into wide mouth cups for people to dip the their sandwiches in. Place meat in sandwich and then dip it to have sandwich heaven!


* When I am trying to be healthier I put my meat on shredded lettuce and put a little grated provolone on top. Still good not as good.

No comments: