Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding

My brother-in-law served his mission in England and so my mother made this for him with her super yummy herb crusted Roast to bring him back a little bit. I really want to try this someday since I am mostly have English blood flowing in my veins. Plus I hear it is good. The recipe reminds me of a savory version of German pancakes.

Yorkshire Pudding

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Thirty minutes before standing roast is done prepare pudding. Heat square pan (9x9x2) in oven along with roast. Mix all ingredients with hand beater just until smooth. Remove roast from oven and spoon off drippings and add melted butter if needed to measure 1/2 cup.

Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Return roast to the oven. Place hot drippings in the heated square pan and pour the Yorkshire pudding batter on top. Bake 10 minutes. Cut pudding into squares and serve with roast.



No comments: