Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast

This is from my mother. She made it for Christmas to be a little different. She and everyone there raved about it. She said it was because dinner was two hours late so they were starving by the time they got to eat. But I think it was probably good no matter what because even the vegetarians loved it. I am looking forward to trying it soon!

Ingredients:

1 1/4 TB paprika
1 TB Kosher salt
1 TB garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 TB olive oil
1 3 lb. sirloin tip roast

Directions:

In a small bowl mix the paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir int eh olive oil and all mixture to sit about 15 minutes.

preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil

Place the roast on the prepared baking sheet, and cover on all sides with eh spice mixture.

Roast 50 minuets in the preheated oven or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.

*can be used on other cuts of meat (pork, chicken, ...) my mother thought that sage could be substituted for the oregano if I wanted too.

1 comment:

the Hurleys said...

Ems,I was there and it was wonderful. A genius recipe. You don't really notice the cayenne, but it just gives a little kick to the herb-i-ness that is fantastic. I'm a little scared to make a big fancy roast like this, but when I do, this will be the recipe I use.